Learn how to get a dealer license in GA, dealer license requirements & more:
If you’ve been searching for how to get a dealer’s license in GA, then you’ve come to the right place! ACI has the experience and expertise you need, and we’ll show you the specific steps you should be following right here.
(The majority of this information has been obtained from Georgia’s official used car dealer application PDF file package)
- When submitting your application, you actually need to include a variety of different materials. This includes your fees, your surety bond, your insurance, your fingerprint, your zoning compliance materials, and more. All of this must be included originally, and upfront.
- How much does a license cost? Your original non-refundable application fee costs $170. Additional fees may include verification letters, duplicate licenses, supplemental license applications for additional lots, etc.
- What type of surety bond protection do you need? A Georgia dealer surety bond worth $35,000, and with an expiration date of March 31 on an even numbered year.
- What type of insurance do you need? Garage liability, with either a single limit of $125,000 or 50k/100k/25k limits. An automobile insurance policy does not meet this requirement.
- You must be fingerprinted and submit to a fingerprint background check, and of course, pass this check to have your application be approved.
- You also need to apply for a state sales tax number and include that application with the dealer’s license application.
- You need to attend a board-approved seminar dealing with the subject of licensing, other requirements, and the ownership of your business.
- Photographs must be included of your place of business, and there must be a working telephone, and appropriate signage in place.
- Remember, as you are following the process of how to get a dealer license in Georgia, all of this information and all of these mandates must be met. Incomplete applications will be rejected, or will delay the process.
ACI is now offering Georgia dealer bonds, garage liability insurance and more, and we know the exact steps and processes you need to follow for a successful application. Even better, we’ll handle all of the hassle and legwork for you, so you can sit back and relax. It’s another way we strive to offer superior customer service in every way.
Give us a call at 207.889.2612 for a free, no-obligation quote, and we’ll guide you through the step-by-step application process of how to get a dealer’s license in GA.